Quarter Plantation Cross Keys Union County
- Location Cross Keys, Union County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? Judge John Faucheraud Grimké acquired the plantation. There was no house at Quarter Plantation as he built a house on his estate nearby, Belmont, where he resided (1).
- 1819 Judge Grimké passed away (1).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Cotton (1)
- Number of slaves 37 in 1819 (1)
References & Resources
- Information contributed by Louise W. Knight who is writing a biography of the Grimké sisters for publication in the fall of 2018.