- 1700 Earliest known date of existence
Land grant to the Wherry family
- 1804 House built
- 1992 The house partially burned and was abandoned.
- 1994 The house was moved by truck to nearby Wooten Road near the border of York and Chester Counties. The current owner, Don Swofford, plans to restore the structure and use it as a weekend family home.
- Alphabetical list Don Swofford, Aaron Wherry
Aaron Wherry was born, raised, and worked on the plantation with his mother, father, two brothers, and two sisters.
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references: See #1
Some of the information listed on this plantation was taken from The Herald, Rock Hill, SC Cir: 28,871, Date of Clip: February 5, 1994
- Telephone: ?
More about York County
- Learn more about historic York County, including the lovely town of Rock Hill. We have helpful guides to Rock Hill history and Rock Hill libraries and museums – plus Rock Hill restaurants, nearby Chester SC bed & breakfasts, Rock Hill hotels, and Rock Hill real estate.