Clinkscales Plantation Antreville Abbeville County
- Location Along the northern fork of Penney Creek, near Antreville, Abbeville County
Plantation was located near modern day SC Highway 28 (1)
- Origin of name Owned by Francis B. Clinkscales
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- Early to mid 1800s Francis B. Clinkscales owned the plantation (1, p. 121).
- ? House built
There is known to have been a house on the plantation during the Francis B. Clinkscales ownership (1, p. 121).
- 1858 Francis B. Clinkscales died (1, p. 121).
- 1930s The house was lost in a fire (1, p. 121).
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- Information contributed by J William Rogers, II, descendant of Francis B. Clinkscales - including information from:
Abbeville County Historical Society, Abbeville County, Images of America (Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2004)