Pascalis Plantation Aiken Aiken County
- Location Aiken, Aiken County
Located on US 78 about half a mile below Montmorenci
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Pascalina (1)
- Current status ?
- 1835 Earliest known date of existence
Elizabeth Pascalis purchased the plantation which consisted of 790 acres (1).
- ? House built
- 1863 Elizabeth Pascalis willed the plantation to her granddaughter, Theodosia Wade, and her husband John C. Wade (1).
- 1865 Hugh Judson Kilpatrick, a Union general, used the house as headquarters during the Battle of Aiken (1).
- 1944 The plantation was sold out of the family (1).
- 2011 Jackie Heath was owner of Pascalis Plantation (1).
- Number of acres 790 in 1835
- Primary crop ?
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- SC Highway Historical Marker Guide - online database by the SC Department of Archives & History
Picture of marker