Ivanhoe Plantation Allendale County
- Location Allendale County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Privately owned; The plantation is used to cultivate three species of southern pine trees and pine straw, hunting, and cabin rentals.
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- ? Governor Robert McNair and Tom Lawton owned Ivanhoe Plantation.
- Circa 1962 John Winthrop purchased the plantation from McNair and Lawton.
- Number of acres 1,423 in 2012
- Primary crop Southern pine trees and pine straw today
- Alphabetical list Allen; Governor Robert McNair and Tom Lawton (?-circa 1962); Ruddell; Turner; John Winthrop (circa 1962-present, 2012)
References & Resources
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII