Altamont Plantation Anderson County
- Location Pendleton District, Anderson County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Longhouse, the Brown Farm
- Current status Property is owned by Clemson University; house no longer exists
- 1700s (late) Earliest known date of existence
Joseph Whitner held the deed to the property but he did not improve the land. He later sold the property to Colonel Thomas Pinckney, Jr.
- 1808 Colonel Thomas Pinkney, Jr. built a house on the property and called it Altamont.
Sometime within the next 20 years he built a second house and called it Altamont II.
- 1824 Colonel Pinckney sold the first Altamont house to his brother-in-law, Dr. Francis Kinloch Huger.
- 1937 The property was sold to the United States Government to become part of the Clemson Community Conservation Project.
- 1940s The house was torn down. Two of the Italian mantles were relocated to Woodburn Plantation.
- Alphabetical list Robert and Jane Fleming Adger; Mamie McCrary Brown; Alice Gant; Dr. Francis Kinloch Huger; Edmond McCrary; Colonel Thomas Pinkney, Jr.; Joseph Whitner
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references: See #1
- Suzanne Cameron Linder and Marta Leslie Thacker (with preliminary research by Agnes Leland Baldwin), Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River (Columbia: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 2001).