Fairfield Plantation Gardens Corner Beaufort County
— Fairfield Plantation Historical Marker © Gazie Nagle, 2015 —
(Do Not Use Without Written Consent)
- Location Gardens Corner, Beaufort County
Near the intersection of US Highway 21 and US Highway 17 (1)
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status No longer exists
- ? Earliest known date of existence
Revolutionary War Colonel Benjamin Garden owned the plantation. The community of Gardens Corner is named for him (1).
- ? House built
- 1789 Colonel Benjamin Garden passed away (1).
- Number of acres 756 acres
- Primary crop ?
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- Information contributed by Gazie Nagle from:
– Erin Moody, Gardens Corner Markers Commemorate Namesake, Past Wars (Island Packet: June 6, 2014