Ferry Plantation Beaufort County
- Location St. Peter's Parish, Beaufort County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- ? James P. Screven acquired the plantation (1).
- 1800s Dr. Thomas F. Screven inherited Ferry Plantation from his father James P. Screven (1).
During the Civil War, Ferry Plantation was confiscated by the United States government. Dr. Screven received ownership rights back after he petitioned for its return after the war (1).
- Number of slaves 118 in 1860 (1)
References & Resources
- Information contributed by Dr. Johnsonsproul from Sankofa's Plantation Data Collection