Myrtle Bank Plantation Hilton Head Island Beaufort County
- Location Port Royal Sound, Hilton Head Island, St. Helena Parish, Beaufort County
Original plantation lands were located in the vicinity of Dolphin Head Golf Course in the northeast corner of the island.
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status The plantation house fell victim to erosion and remnants can be seen at low tide. The remaining property was developed into a golf course.
- 1760 Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Cotton
- Alphabetical list Barnwell, Campbell, William Elliott, William Elliott II, William Elliott III, Fishburne, Gonzales, Grimball, Henry, Heyward, Martin, Morris, Newton, Sams, Phebe Waight, Winston, Wright
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references: See #1, 4
More about Beaufort County
- Learn more about historic Beaufort County, including the lovely town of Hilton Head as well as Beaufort SC. We have helpful guides to Hilton Head history and Hilton Head libraries and museums - plus Hilton Head restaurants, Hilton Head bed & breakfasts, Hilton Head hotels, and Hilton Head real estate.