Sarah Ellis Place Plantation Beaufort County
- Location Beaufort County
- Origin of name Named for owner Sarah Ellis
- Other names Cedar Point (2)
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- ? Richard Ellis owned the plantation and called it Cedar Point (2).
- ? Richard Ellis gave Cedar Point to his daughter Sarah Ellis. It is believed it was either renamed Sarah Ellis Place or was folded into other property owned by Sarah (2).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Carleton; Richard Ellis; Sarah Ellis
References & Resources
- News & Courier Newspaper (predecessor to the Charleston Post & Courier) February 26, 1933 issue reprint of Free South April 4, 1863 listing of St. Helena Island plantation sales prior to the Civil War
- Information contributed by descendant Thomas Ellis