Bluford Plantation Pineville Berkeley County
- Location Pineville, St. Stephen's Parish, Berkeley County
Oakland Club Road (5)
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Oakland Club
- Current status Has been turned into a hunt club and is now called Oakland Club
— Bluford Plantation Mantel Circa 1975 © Library of Congress —
(Prints & Photographs Division HABS SC-236)
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Late 1700s Bluford Plantation was owned by Philip Williams (2, p. 205).
- ? Peter Sinkler purchased Bluford Plantation from Philip Williams (2, p. 205) (6).
- ? Peter Sinkler willed the plantation to his son, also named Peter Sinkler (II) (6).
- ? Peter Sinkler II died childless and either left the plantation to his sister Elizabeth Sinkler Dubose or her son William Dubose (2, p. 205, 231) (4) (6).
- ? Julius Dubose, William's nephew, was the next owner of Bluford Plantation (6).
- Early 1800s The house pictured was constructed (3).
- 1903 Bluford Plantation was purchased, developed into a hunt club and renamed Oakland Club. Apparently, another house was constructed for the hunt club about 1905 (5).
- Alphabetical list Dubose; Robert L. Montague; Robert P. Tucker; Peter Sinkler; Philip Williams
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- 30-15 Plantation File, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
– Online Catalog
- J. Russell Cross, Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley (Columbia, SC: R.L. Bryan Company, 1985)
Order Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley
- Library of Congress File - HABS SC-236
- Bluford's Plantation, Dubose Plantation
- Roots and Recall - Oakland Club or Bluford Plantation
- Francis Marion and Isaac DuBosc (DuBose) Families Forum