Springwood Plantation Berkeley County
- Location Berkeley County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status On the shores of Lake Marion
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Prior to 1861 A survey of Samuel Foxworth's property shows he owned Springwood Plantation (1, p. 274).
- ? Eliza Catherine Palmer Legare acquired Springwood Plantation (2).
- 1890 Eliza Catherine Palmer Legare sold 17 acres of the plantation to Peter F. Murphy Sr for $66.00 (2).
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- J. Russell Cross, Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley (Columbia, SC: R.L. Bryan Company, 1985)
Order Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley
- 1890 Legare to Murphy Bill of Sale for 17 Acres - Contributed by John Strobel