Waterhorn Plantation Berkeley County
- Location Wambaw Creek and the South Santee River, St. James Santee Parish, Berkeley County
Located on the outskirts of the Francis Marion National Forest where the South Santee River and Wambaw Creek meet.
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Watterhorn, Wattahan
- Current status ?
- Alphabetical list Elias Horry; Thomas Horry; Daniel Huger; F. Rutledge
- Number of slaves ?
- March 18, 1855 F. Rutledge had the following slaves confirmed by Bishop Davis: Scipio, Will, Hammond, Flander, Abram, Moses, Mary Ann, Rose, Venus, Tena, Silby, Jimmy, Elsy, Sarah (Bridges & Williams, p. 436).
- Initial references: 40
- Anne Baker Leland Bridges and Roy Williams III, St James Santee Plantation Parish History and Records, 1685-1925, (Spartanburg, SC: The Reprint Company, Publishers, 1997).