Wells Plantation Berkeley County
- Location Near Smith, Bull Head, Francis Marion National Forest, Berkeley County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- Prior to 1781 House built
- 1781 A skirmish during the American Revolutionary War occurred at Well's Plantation on August 24. The Wells family owned the plantation at this time and were publishers of Charlestown's Loyalist newspaper (2).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
References & Resources
- Maxwell Clayton Orvin, Historic Berkeley County, South Carolina: 1671-1900 (Self published, 1973)
Order Historic Berkeley County, South Carolina: 1671-1900
- American Revolution in SC - August 24, 1781 battle at Well's Plantation