Acorn Hill Plantation Johns Island Charleston County
- Location Bohicket Creek (a branch of the North Edisto River), Johns Island, St. John's Colleton Parish, Charleston County
Located off Bohicket Road across the creek from Bugby Road on Wadmalaw Island
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- 1860 Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Number of acres 600
- Primary crop Rice
- Alphabetical list Ann Stanyarne, James L. Walpole
- Number of slaves 25 in 1860 (Walpole)
- Slave cabins 7
- Initial references: See #12
More about Johns Island & Charleston County
- Learn more about historic Charleston County including the port city of Charleston and nearby Johns Island. We have helpful guides to Charleston history and Charleston libraries and museums – plus Charleston bed & breakfasts and Charleston jobs. We also have guides to Johns Island restaurants and Johns Island real estate.