Belvidere Plantation Johns Island Charleston County
- Location Stono River, Johns Island, St. John's Colleton Parish, Charleston County
Located off Chisolm Road in the vicinity of Gift Boulevard and Belvedere Road
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Gift, Laurel Point, Mount Pleasant, Waterside
- Current status ?
- 1708 Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Prior to 1770 John Gordon acquired Belvidere Plantation (2).
- 1780 John Gordon passed away (2).
- 1920s The house burned down.
- Alphabetical list Gordon; Hart; LaRoche; Rivers; Waight
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- Layton Wayne Jordan and Elizabeth H. Stringfellow, A Place Called St. John's (Spartanburg, SC: Reprint Company, 1998)
- Information contributed by Charlotte Hutson Wrenn, a descendant of the plantation's early owner, John Gordon.