Blue House Plantation Edisto Island Charleston County
— Blue House Plantation © Gazie Nagle, 2014 —
(Do Not Use Without Written Consent)
- Location Edisto Island, Charleston County
- Origin of name Believed to have been named because there was a blue house on the plantation at one time (1, Volumes I-XII, p. 74)
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- Alphabetical list Dodd; Fishburne; Mikell
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Lucius G. Fishburne, Plantation Notes, St. Bartholomew's Parish, 1960, held by the South Carolina Historical Society