Bluff Plantation West Ashley Charleston County
- Location Wappoo Creek (a branch of the Ashley River), West Ashley, St. Andrew's Parish, Charleston County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status No longer exists
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? Colonel George Lucas owned the plantation. He was away most of the time in Anigua and left the management of his properties to his daughter, Eliza Lucas.
Eliza Lucas experimented on her father's plantations with many different crops. She is most widely known for having introduced indigo to the Carolinas and distributing seeds and instructions for its process (Kennerty, p. 6).
- ? Upon the death of Colonel Lucas his properties were sold off to pay his debts (Kennerty, p. 6).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Indigo
- Alphabetical list Colonel George Lucas
- Number of slaves 20
- Initial references: See #10
- Rosina Sottile Kennerty, Plantations on the South Side of Ashley River (Charleston, SC: Nelson Printing Corporation, 1983).