Cripps Plantation West Ashley Charleston County
- Location West Ashley, St. Andrew's Parish, Charleston County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Langstaffe's
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? Abigail Butler was given 313 acres (Kennerty, p. 12).
- 1741 William Branford owned the property. Through the years the property was passed down to relatives (Kennerty, p. 12).
- 1798 John Splatt Cripps purchased the property. He did not build a residence on the property instead choosing to build one on an adjoining piece of property he purchased in 1786 (Kennerty, p. 12).
- 1880-1890 Sometime during these years the property was purchased by the Rose Phosphate Mining Company. They were mining for phosphates and dug directly across the old garden and the house (Kennerty, p. 12).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list William Branford; Abigail Butler; Barnard Christian Cooper; John Splatt Cripps; William and Mary Splatt Cripps; Robert Howard; Benjamin Perryman; William Perryman; John Splatt; Richard Splatt; Rose Phosphate Mining Company; Charles J. Steedman; D. Watts and Company
- Rosina Sottile Kennerty, Plantations on the South Side of Ashley River (Charleston, SC: Nelson Printing Corporation, 1983).