Distillery Plantation Mount Pleasant Charleston County
- Location Mount Pleasant, Christ Church Parish, Charleston County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1775 A mortgage was issued for Distillery Plantation. It seems Allaro Belin took out a mortgage on the plantation with Alexander Rose (1).
- 1792 Alexander Rose sued Allaro Belin. The dispute seems to stem from Allaro Belin never properly filling the mortgage documents and then trying to sell the plantation without the knowledge of Alexander Rose. Rose further asks the court to find in his favor so he can be left in "in peaceable enjoyment of the premises, Distillery Plantation" (1).
- Number of slaves ?
We are actively seeking information on the slaves who lived and worked at this plantation. If you find a resource that might help, please fill out this form. Thank you.
References & Resources
- Information contributed by Albert N Balzano from: 1774 Mortgage and 1792 Dispute Document for Distillery Plantation