Doe Hall Plantation McClellanville Charleston County
- Location Harbor River, McClellanville, St. James Santee Parish, Charleston County
Located off US 17 on Doe Hall Plantation Lane
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Privately owned
- 1851 Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1983 The plantation house from Laurel Hill Plantation in McClellanville was moved to Doe Hall to be restored by Dr. Richard Leland Morrison III and his wife Jackie. The house was destroyed in 1989 by Hurricane Hugo (Bridges & Williams, p. 268).
- 2003 A conservation easement was placed on 225 acres of the plantation in order to protect the natural habitats, wetlands, and forests.
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Rice
- Alphabetical list Allison, Edmund, Jones, Dorothy D. Morrison, Ellias Horry Morrison, Harrington W. Morrison
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references: 4
- Anne Baker Leland Bridges and Roy Williams III, St James Santee Plantation Parish History and Records, 1685-1925, (Spartanburg, SC: The Reprint Company, Publishers, 1997).