Hickory Hill Plantation West Ashley Charleston County
- Location West Ashley, St. Andrews Parish, Charleston County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Hickory
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? Ester Butler was given 313 acres. This acreage was eventually divided among relatives (Kennerty, p. 11).
- 1801 Part of the divided acreage was sold to John Splatt Cripps. The property was referred to as Hickory Hill (Kennerty, p. 11).
- 1825 Anne Cripps sold Hickory Hill to Christian Hanckel. A deed records the sale of 280 acres.
- 1919 The residence has disappeared but a burial site still existed on the property at this time (Kennerty, p. 12).
- Number of acres 280 in 1825
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Ester Butler; Anne Cripps; John Splatt Cripps; Christian Hanckel
- Rosina Sottile Kennerty, Plantations on the South Side of Ashley River (Charleston, SC: Nelson Printing Corporation, 1983).