Oakvale Plantation Johns Island Charleston County
- Location Stono River, Johns Island, St. John's Colleton Parish, Charleston County
Original property located off River Road (SC 45) on Burden Creek Road and Kemway Road
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Burden's
- Current status Stono Point subdivision (private residential area not open to the public)
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1805 or 1806 Kinsey Burden married Mary Legare and they moved to Oakvale Plantation (Porcher & Fick, p. 96).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Sea island cotton
Kinsey Burden was the first to develop sea island cotton through seed selection (Porcher & Fick, p. 96).
- Alphabetical list Kinsey Burden, Thomas Legare, Charles Louis Trenholm
- Number of slaves ?