Peters Point Plantation Edisto Island Charleston County
- Location St Pierre Creek (a branch of the South Edisto River), Edisto Island, St. John's Colleton Parish, Charleston County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Point Saint Pierre
- Current status Privately owned
- 1821 Earliest known date of existence
- 1840 House may have been built by Isaac Jenkins Mikell.
An alternate source suggests that the house is much older and was not built, but simply remodeled, by Mikell.
The house is said to have been used as headquarters by the Union Army during the Civil War.
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Sea island cotton
- Alphabetical list Jenkins; George L. Mikell; Issac Jenkins Mikell; Whaley
- Number of slaves 225
- National Register of Historic Places
Nomination Form - submitted in 1973 by Elias Bull - requires Adobe Reader
Photographs, architectural overview
- Initial references: See #1, 4