Pierpont Plantation West Ashley Charleston County
- Location Ashley River, West Ashley, St. Andrew's Parish, Charleston County
Original plantation lands were located off SC 61 in present-day Pierpont Subdivision.
- Origin of name Named for Benjamin Pierpont, an early owner
- Other names ?
- Current status Land has been developed into Pierpont Subdivision
- 1677 Earliest known date of existence
George Bedon (Beadon) received a grant for 510 acres at the location in 1677.
- ? House built
The colonial plantation house no longer exists, having been burned by Union soldiers in 1865. It was supposed to have been an old colonial-looking brick mansion with basement loopholes for musketry (Kennerty, p. 9).
- Number of acres 510 in 1677
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Bedon (Beadon); William Fuller; Simon Magwood; Benjamin Pierpont; Henry Symonds
- Number of slaves ?