Rosebank Plantation Wadmalaw Island
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- ? Benjamin and Mary Mathewes acquired Rosebank (2, p. 85).
- 1783 Paul Fripp purchased the 185.5 acre plantation from Benjamin and Mary Mathewes (2, p. 85).
- ? Thomas and Martha M. Philson acquired 92.75 acres of Rosebank (2, p. 85).
- 1826 Charles Edward Fripp, Paul's son, purchased the Philson half of Rosebank for $1,600. Charles owned the other half at this time too (2, p. 85).
- 1844 Charles Fripp's will was probated and declared that Rosebank was to be sold when his youngest child turned 21. The Fripp heirs decided not to sell Rosebank at this time (2, p. 86).
- 1855 Lydia B. Legare purchased Rosebank Plantation and folded it into Mullet Hall Plantation (2, p. 86).
- Number of acres 185.5 in 1783
- Primary crop Cotton
References & Resources
- Layton Wayne Jordan and Elizabeth H. Stringfellow, A Place Called St. John's (Spartanburg, SC: Reprint Company, 1998)
- Cultural Resources Survey of Mullet Hall Plantation, Johns Island, Charleston County, SC - by the Chicora Foundation - PDF