Seaside Plantation Edisto Island Charleston County
- Location Edisto Island, St. John's Colleton Parish, Charleston County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names William Edings, Locksley
- Current status ?
- 1790 Earliest known date of existence
- 1795 House built by the Fripp family
- 1865 Seaside Plantation became a center of activity for the Port Royal Experiment, a program of the United States government designed to train and educate the newly released slaves on the sea islands.
- Alphabetical list Edings, Fripp
- Number of slaves 120
- National Register of Historic Places
Nomination Form - submitted in 1981 by W. David Chamberlain - requires Adobe Reader
Photographs, architectural overview
- Initial references: See #1, 4