Homestead Plantation Chesterfield County
- Location Probably near Cheraw, Chesterfield County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- Cicra 1823 Dr. Thomas Ellerbe Powe returned from medical school to practice medicine in Cheraw and also owned and planted Homestead Plantation (1).
- ? House built
- 1879 Dr. Powe passed away (1).
- Number of slaves 136 in 1860 (1)
References & Resources
- Information contributed by William Garner from:
Thomas Poe (Powe)
- Boxwood Hall - SCIWAY's South Carolina Picture Project