Bear Island Plantation Ashepoo River Colleton County
- Location Ashepoo River, St. Bartholomew's Parish, ACE Basin, Colleton County
Original property was bounded to the south by Mosquito Creek, Musselboro Creek, and Crooked Creek, to the west by the Ashepoo River, and to the east by the South Edisto River
- Origin of Name ?
- Other names Bare Island
- Current status Open to the public, part of the ACE Basin National Wildlife Refuge
- 1760s Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Rice
- Alphabetical list Barker, Elliott, Hanahan, Matthewes
- Number of slaves ?
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Lucius G. Fishburne, Plantation Notes, St. Bartholomew's Parish, 1960, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
- Suzanne Cameron Linder, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860
(Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1995), pp. 45-48.
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860