Field's Point Plantation Colleton County
- Location Combahee River, St Bartholomew Parish Colleton District, Colleton County
- Origin of name Named for the Field family which owned the plantation (2, Vol. X11: 12)
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Prior to 1790 John Cato Field acquired the plantation (3, p. 63).
- 1800s After being widowed for the third time, Isabella
Caroline Field, Jenkins, Chaplin, Field, Baker moved her sons to Field's Point Plantation which she had inherited from her father John Cato Field (3, p. 63).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Covel, Field, Pratt
References & Resources
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Lucius G. Fishburne, Plantation Notes, St. Bartholomew's Parish, 1960, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
- Information contributed by Barbee Moore from:
Theodore Rosengarten, Tombe: Portrait of a Cotton Planter. With the Plantation Journal of Thomas B. Chaplin (1822-1890)
(New York, NY: William Morrow, 1986)