Fontainbleau Plantation Colleton County
- Location Ashepoo River, St. Bartholomew's Parish, Colleton County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- 1775 Earliest known date of existence
- 1700s Henry Massingbred Hyrne acquired Fontainbleau Plantation (1).
- 1916 House constructed by Mr. and Mrs. E. W. Goodwin
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop Rice by Hyrne (1)
- Alphabetical list Baker; Detreville; Fenwick; Mr and Mrs. E. W. Goodwin; Glover; Guess; Henry Massingbred Hyrne; Picken; Mr. and Mrs. John Rogers
References & Resources
- Information contributed by Rick Corrigan including information from Hyrne family letters in the Lincolnshire Archives with some printed in South Carolina Historical Magazine.
- Margaret F. Kemp, Colleton County, South Carolina: A Pictorial History (Dallas, TX: Taylor Publishing Company, 1994)
- Lucius G. Fishburne, Plantation Notes, St. Bartholomew's Parish, 1960, held by the South Carolina Historical Society