Belle Acres Plantation Doneraile Darlington County
- Location Doneraile (a suburb of Darlington), Darlington County
- Origin of name One legend says that the creek that ran through the plantation was called Bellyache Creek, which mimicked the creek's Indian name of a similar sound. The name Belle Acres, in turn, was derived from the name of the creek (1, II: 4).
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- ? Byrus Bacot owned Belle Acres Plantation (1, II: 4) (2).
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
References & Resources
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Information contributed by Cyndi Shull from:
– Robert Ray, Raymond the Rambler, (Florence, SC: The Florence Morning News, August 21, 1958), p. 10-A.