Skufful Farm Plantation Mont Clare Darlington County
- Location Mont Clare, Darlington County
3000 Flatcreek Road (2)
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Privately owned (2)
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Early 1800s Colonel Bright Williamson I owned Skufful Farm as well as other plantations in the area which included Oaklyn Plantation and Mont Clare Plantation (2, p. 24).
- ? Colonel Bright Williamson I passed Skufful Farm Plantation to his son Benjamin Franklin (Frank) Williamson I (2, p. 24).
- ? Campbell D. Coxe acquired the plantation (2).
- 1933 Mr. and Mrs. Thomas C. Coxe Jr. owned Skufful Farm Plantation (2) (3).
- 1970 Mr. and Mrs. T. C. Coxe III owned the plantation (4).
- 2013 Charlie and Vicky Coxe Commander owned Skufful Farm Plantation (2).
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Information contributed by Cyndi Shull, with some from:
National Register of Historic Places Oaklyn Plantation Nomination form - PDF - p. 24
- Mont Clare Community Center - SCIWAY
- Darlington Farm Tour Set Wednesday, (Florence, SC: The Florence Morning News, April 24, 1970), p. 8-A.
- Information contributed by Cyndi Shull from:
Excerpt from Robert C. Clark and Tom Poland's Reflections of South Carolina - PDF - see page 3 for picture of the house