Marshland Plantation Edgefield County
Much of the information on this page was contributed by Mary M. Ficik.
- Location Edgefield County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Cattle farm owned by Craig and Mary Ficik (2006)
- 1843 Earliest known date of existence
- 1890 Original house built by Mae Smith and Samuel Belton Marsh
Two-story house still stands. The home consists of 11 rooms, 4 bathrooms, 9 fireplaces, heartpine floors, bead board ceilings, and original glass in just about all the windows.
- 1994 Craig and Mary Ficik purchased the house from the Marsh family.
- Number of acres Originally 5000; 160 in 2006
- Primary crop Cotton, peaches
- There is a beautiful garden all around the house with camellias (50 in number) and azaleas you cannot even purchase anymore, along with many plants you can only find on old estates.
- Alphabetical list Craig and Mary M. Ficik (1994), Mae Smith and Samuel Belton Marsh
- Number of slaves ?