Fonti Flora Plantation Monticello Fairfield County
- Location Monticello, Fairfield County
5.4 miles northeast of Monticello on SC 99
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Pearson Place
- Current status ?
- 1836 Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built by Dr. Pearson
Sherman's soldiers looted the house in 1865. Charred wainscoting in one room is a reminder of their visit.
- Number of acres 2,303
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Alston; Dr. George Butler Pearson; George W. and Katherine Pearson Tomlin
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- National Register of Historic Places
Nomination form - PDF - submitted in 1979
Photographs, architectural overview
- 30-15 Plantation File, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII