Asheton Plantation Georgetown Georgetown County
- Location North Santee River, Georgetown, Prince George Winyah Parish, Georgetown County
Original plantation lands were located on an island between the South and North Santee Rivers, almost directly across from Hampton Plantation.
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Commander's Island
- Current status Part of the Oaks Plantation which is privately owned
- 1706 Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Alphabetical list Commander John Bell (1725); Samuel Blythe; Solomon Cohen; Robert and Elizabeth Daniel; John Holman; John Huggins; Joseph and Mark Huggins; John Logan (1764); William Lucas (1856); Murrell; George Parker; Russ
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references: 40
- Suzanne Cameron Linder and Marta Leslie Thacker (with preliminary research by Agnes Leland Baldwin), Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River (Columbia: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 2001), pp. 693-696.
- Telephone: ?