Oak Lawn Plantation Sandy Island Georgetown County
- Location Waccamaw River, Sandy Island, All Saints Waccamaw Parish, Georgetown County
Original plantation lands were located on Sandy Island in the vicinity of Belin between Thoroughfare Creek and the Waccamaw River.
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status The island has remained undeveloped except for descendants of freed slaves that still live there. Accessible only by boat.
- 1823 Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Alphabetical list Belin; Flagg
- Number of slaves ?
- Initial references: 4, 40
- Suzanne Cameron Linder and Marta Leslie Thacker (with preliminary research by Agnes Leland Baldwin), Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of Georgetown County and the Santee River (Columbia: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 2001).