Sunny Side Plantation Four Corners Hampton County
- Location Four Corners, St Peters Parish, Hampton County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Upper Place (2)
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Early 1800s Henry Elliott Solomons owned Sunny Side Plantation (2).
- 1869 Henry Elliott Solomons passed away. His will left the plantation, referenced as Upper Place, to his wife, Caroline Augustine Gifford Solomons. His will stipulated that the plantation be divided among his children after her death (2).
- Number of acres 1,700 in 1869 (2)
- Primary crop Cotton
- Number of slaves 112 (1)
References & Resources
- Information contributed by Carolyn F. Ramsay including information from:
– Hampton County Tricentennial Commission, Both Sides of the Swamp: Hampton County
(Hampton, SC: Hampton County Historical Society, 1970)
Order Both Sides of the Swamp: Hampton County
- Information contributed by Carolyn F. Ramsay from the will of Henry Elliott Solomons