Thomas Randall's Plantation Little River Horry County
Much of the information on this page was contributed by J. Benjamin Burroughs of Conway, South Carolina. Ben was formerly the Executive Director of the Horry County Historical Society.
- Location Little River, All Saints Parish, Horry County
Located east of US 17 in the vicinity of Little River Neck
- Origin of name Named for the owner
- Other names Tilghman Point; Little River in modern times (4)
- Current status Privately owned
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1860s A Confederate battery was constructed on the property on a bluff overlooking Little River Inlet. It was known as Fort Randall.
An outline of the battery can still be seen today.
- 1920s Horace Tilghman, Sr. purchased the plantation (4).
- 1937 Horace Tilghman, Sr. continued to purchase property around the house. By the time he died in this year, he owned about 3,000 acres which included Waites Island (4).
- 1960 Horace Tilghman, Jr. inherited the property upon the death of his mother (4).
- 1986 Hunter and Kitty Tilghman McEaddy became owners after the death of Kitty's father Horace Tilghman, Jr. (4).
- Alphabetical list Allston; Hunter and Kitty Tilghman McEaddy (1986-?); McLillian Bessent Randall (?); Louis H. Randall (?); Thomas Randall (?); Horace Tilghman, Jr. (1960-1986); Horace Tilghman, Sr. (1920s-?)
References & Resources
- 1850 Slave Schedules of Horry District, South Carolina - PDF
- 1860 Slave Schedules of Horry District, South Carolina - PDF
- 1860 Agricultural Survey of Horry District, South Carolina
- Information contributed by Kitty Tilghman McEaddy.