Spring Hill Plantation Jasper County
- Location Jasper County
Between Ridgeland and Coosawhatchie
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Includes two old plantations known as "Retreat" and "Fairfield"
- ? Earliest known date of existence
Remnants of a brick foundation marks the location of a pre-war home which was owned by the Huguenin family.
- 1914 Julian B. Clark purchased land and built new house
- Number of acres 25,000 (Huguenin era), 4,000 (c. 2005)
- Primary crop ?
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- 30-15 Plantation File, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII