Cool Springs Plantation Camden Kershaw County
- Location Camden, Kershaw County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Cedar Grove, Witherspoon
- Current status ?
- 1832 Earliest known date of existence
John Boykin established the plantation (3).
- ? House built
John Boykin constructed a house at Cool Springs (3).
- Alphabetical list Blalock, Bonner, Boykin, Carer, Conner, Chesnut, Cureton, Elmore, Kirkland, Knight, Miller, Salmond, Shell
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- 30-15 Plantation File, held by the South Carolina Historical Society
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Information contributed by Roger Boykin, a Boykin family descendant.