Red Oak Camp Plantation Lynches River Kershaw County
- Location Lynches River, Kershaw County
Between Red Oak Camp Creek and Jumping Gulley
- Comments In February 1865, the 17th Corps of Sherman's Army camped at Red Oak Camp, using it as their headquarters. Upon their departure, the mansion was burned.
- Origin of name
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- 1700's Earliest known date of existence
- After 1796 House built
The house was a large, two story brick structure with an English basement.
- Alphabetical list Charlotte Lovick (married General James Blair in 1820 Commander of a brigade of South Carolina militia), Lorick Rochell
- Number of slaves 27 (1800 Census - Lorick Rochell); 40 (1810 Census - Elizabeth Rochell)