The Point Plantation Lexington Lexington County
Special thanks to J.R. Fennell, Director of the Lexington County Museum, for contributing the information on this page.
- Location Lexington, Lexington County
West side of present-day Old Chapin Road
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Subdived and privately owned as Governor's Grant subdivision
- Number of acres 308 acres after the Civil War
- Primary crops Corn, sweet potatoes, cotton, and rice (1850 Federal Census Agricultural Schedule)
- Alphabetical list John Fox
- Number of slaves 35 under John Fox in 1857 (1857 Slave List - PDF)