Pomaria Plantation Pomaria Newberry County
- Location Pomaria, Newberry County
Located off US 176
- Origin of name Named for the Latin word pomus meaning plants and trees
- Other names Summer-Huggins House
- Current status ?
- Alphabetical list John Adam Summer; William Summer
- Number of slaves ?
- "There stands on the grounds the unique frame dwelling which William erected to serve as the first post office in that section before a railroad came through. It also was a regular stop for the stage coaches on their way from North Carolina to Charleston" (Names in South Carolina, Department of English, University of South Carolina, Volume XI: 52-53, Winter 1964).
- National Register of Historic Places
Nomination form - submitted in 1979 by Michele Barovsky and Nancy Fox - requires Adobe Reader
Photographs, architectural overview