Brackey Plantation Lake Marion Orangeburg County
- Location Submerged under Lake Marion, St. John's Berkeley Parish, Orangeburg County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names Brackee
- Current status In 1939, work began on the Santee Cooper Hydroelectric and Navigation Project. This project displaced many families and communities, and many historic homes were lost as the area was flooded.
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Daniel Fludd; Francis Kinlock; James McKelvey; Charles Sinkler
References & Resources
- Frederick A. Porcher, Brackey Plantation - brief summary of the owners
- J. Russell Cross, Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley (Columbia, SC: R.L. Bryan Company, 1985)
Order Historic Ramblin's through Berkeley
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII