Tate Plantation Spartanburg County
- Location Along Cherokee Creek, Spartanburg County
- Origin of name Named for the Tate family who owned the plantation
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1786 William Tate Sr. purchased 250 acres along Cherokee Creek (1).
- 1792 William Tate Sr. died and his will declared the plantation be given to his son William Tate Jr. (1).
- Number of acres 250 in 1786 (1)
- Primary crop ?
References & Resources
- Information contributed by Terry Glen Tate, whose fourth great-grandfather was William Tate Sr, from:
Tate, Taylor, and Southern Families - RootsWeb