Bells Mill Plantation Sumter County
- Current status Purchased in 2004 by Manchester State Forest
- Location Sumter County, St. Mark's Parish
The original property spanned from Manchester State Forest to North Washington Street in the City of Sumter.
- Comments In 1897, Timothy J. Tuomey died, leaving a will that provided for the establishment of Tuomey Hospital. When Mrs. Tuomey died in 1909, she bequeathed additional funds to the hospital.
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Number of acres 3,327
- Acres located on the Wilmington and Manchester railroad with 800 acres under cultivation.
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Mr. and Mrs. Timothy J. Toomey
- Number of slaves ?
- A new dwelling, overseer's house, stables and barns.
- Initial references:
- (History of Sumter County), Annie King Gregorie, Library Board of Sumter County, Sumter, SC, 1954