Brookland Plantation Stateburg Sumter County
- 1793 Earliest known date of existence
- 1804 House built by Judge William Dobein James
- 1870 Brookland was used as a rectory for the Reverend Thomas N. Lucas, rector of the Church of the Holy Cross. During this time the home served as a school for boys.
- Number of acres ?
- Primary crop ?
- Alphabetical list Anderson, John Bradley (1836), Judge William Dobein James (1804), Sarah James, Sumter
References & Resources
- Cassie Nicholes, Historical Sketches of Sumter County Volume II
(Sumter, SC: Sumter County Historical Commission 1981)