Coldstream Plantation Mayesville Sumter County
- Location Black River, Mayesville, St. Mark's Parish, Sumter County
Located off of SC 527, Coldstream adjoins the grounds of the Salem Black River Church
- Origin of name Named from a little town in Scotland
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- 1803 Earliest known date of existence
- 1803 House built
- c.1950 House burned
- Alphabetical list Captain John B. Anderson, Nancy Witherspoon (1873), Robert and Elizabeth Witherspoon (1813)
- "Robert's second wife, Elizabeth McFaddin, inherited land from her father in 1824 that became part of the plantation. The plantation was sold to a cotton farmer in 1911. He cut down the trees and plowed up the gardens for a cotton field. The house was allowed to decay into ruins. (Postcard History Series, South Carolina Postcards, Volume X, Sumter County Howard Woody and Allan D. Thigpen).
- Number of slaves ?
- Telephone: ?