David Johnson's Plantation Lockhart Union County
- Location Broad River, Lockhart, Union County
Original plantation lands were located near Lockhart Shoals on the Broad River.
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1826 A canal was built around Lockhart Shoals on the Broad River and part of its route went through David Johnson's plantation. The lock-keeper was paid a salary for maintaining the lock, and Johnson was paid this salary although one of his slaves did the work ( Charles, p. 135 ).
- ? David Johnson was absent most of the time so he left his son, Edward Coke Johnson, in charge of running the place. Johnson was Governor of South Carolina from 1846-1848 ( Charles, p. 81 ).
- Alphabetical list David Johnson
- Number of slaves ?
- Allan D. Charles, The Narrative History of Union County (Greenville, SC: A PRESS Printing Company, 1997).